Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fabriholics Anonymous January Check-In!

FabAnon
Okay my fabric fasting chickadees...now is the time to check in and let us know how it is going!
I, for one, am happy to report that things are going swimmingly as far as my fabric lust is going...but that is mostly attributable to the fact that I am crazy busy these days with other things not fabric related.  For those of you who follow my blog regularly you probably have seen a lot of silence recently...
However, that isn't to say I am completely without sewing...I have been working on the rainbow jellyroll quilt, and I also moved things around in my sewing room which was a major time suck but well worth it as I feel that the chi in my studio is much better.  It also allowed me to find fabrics that I had forgotten about and re-prioritize what project is next.
So what have you been up to?  
Jess has started a Flickr group for us all to post photos, show each other support, and even start a fabric swap.  We can't buy fabric...but no one said we couldn't swap or destash it!

Your marching orders are as follows...
1. Join the Flickr group so we can all play and share photos.  
[Yes I am pulling the peer pressure card.  ;)]

2. Link up your January update below...

3. After linking up please visit (at least) two other members above you so that we can share with each other our undying support during this fabric fasting fiasco!

And here is a little fabric something I made and am not sure what to do with...but we couldn't have an empty post now could we?
A sneak peek
If you have no idea what I am talking about feel free to learn more about Fabriholics Anonymous by going here...

- rebecca lynne

7 comments:

Leanne said...

I was worrying that your fabric diet drove you to a new hobby, nice to see it did not.

pennydog said...

I've not got anything to blog about so I'll just comment here ;) Going well, destashed lots, swapped a little bit and only had to buy thread and wadding so far. Well, I did have to buy £4 worth of fabric to swap out the background on a quilt I'm making because quote, "it didn't meet the brief" so that doesn't count right? I didn't want to buy it! I'm doing fine on the backing fabric front too :) Having to pin stuff I want to buy in a few months' time when this is over, you know, when it's on sale ;)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

I'm so pleased that you're managing the fabric rehab!

Carole @ Fresh off the Frame said...

I like your little "fabric something", and can't wait to see what becomes of it.

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

I've bought nothing but was given fabric... Just what I need

Farm Quilter said...

Well, I won a $10 gift certificate in the FabShopHop, so I bought 2 yards of fabric that was on sale for $5/yard...I did have to pay for shipping. Did I fall off the wagon?? I'm going to use the material to make the binding for my daughter's wedding quilt.

Leigh Anne said...

Hey Rebecca
I updated on my blog today about my fabric fast progress and was disappointed to see the linky already closed :( Anyway to leave it open until the end of the month? I just didn't really feel there was much to report after just a few weeks.