Friday, December 6, 2013

Les Amis Twin Quilts: a FINISH!

Untitled
Yay!  They are done!  These aren't even a Christmas gift but quilts I was making for my cousin's new twins for months...they are 6 months old now.  Oh well, they can appreciate them better at this point anyway.  ;)
UntitledUntitledUntitled
I decided to do a simply swirly FMQ tacking as I did with Miss O's Zig Zag Flannel quilt because the backing is minky and I didn't want to quilt the whole thing as that material can be ornery while sewing at best.
UntitledUntitledUntitled
And of course I had to fold them and do a little wrapping doo-dah on them to make it special...
Quilt Gifting
After my experience with the Stamp it Up Swap earlier this year I have definitely gone a bit stamp crazy for gift wrapping.  I couldn't help but put these little welcome tags on the gift as well!
Welcome to the family girls!
Final touches for New Baby Gifting
These are fairly big for baby quilts coming in at 48" each.  But my cousin requested them that way so the girls could use them into toddler-hood.
she can quilt
These quilts have been on my 2013 FAL list for a long time...  Thank goodness I finally wrapped them up in Quarter 4!  Whew hew...
FabAnon
For those of you who are thinking of joining Fabriholics Anonymous start motivating yourself by committing to a list of UFOs you'd like to tackle during the fabric fast!  This weekend I will be setting up a linky party for those of us to show off and share the embarrassment at how many UFOs we have yet to finish.  Not sure about you all but my list is at least a mile long!
Linking Up!
- rebecca lynne


5 comments:

Leanne said...

What fun quilts, I am so liking the extra large blocks these days. No fabric diet for me, but remember that you can all use these lists for the FAL next year too. Congratulations on your finishes.

CapitolaQuilter said...

Great finish, they are so pretty together. I'm chipping away at my Q4 now that it's crunch time.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Gorgeous! I just love those colours. The swirly fmq tacking is a brilliant idea!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Such a pretty pair. You have totally aced these! x

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations!! The quilts are great and I'm sure mom and kids alike will love them for years to come.