Sunday, October 27, 2013

Making Christmas - Still Halloween!

MAKING CHRISTMAS 2013
I followed through on my pledge to do Day of the Dead decor!  I had to hold myself back from buying a million things under the sun to make it all perfect this year...I am trying to remind myself that it will be more meaningful if I build up our decorations over time (not to mention help our budget!).  
Untitled
So, I had the girls make Sugar Skull Banners to place on our front door.  They had so much fun coloring them!
UntitledUntitledUntitled
Then right inside the entryway I moved my precious bird cage, an awesome thrift store snag from when I just moved to Far Far Away, and used some fake cobwebs to make it look ghastly.  
Untitled
I found this Sparkly Raven for $7 and was psyched because it was originally priced at $22!  A benefit to being behind on the holiday decorating is all the discounts you can find...UntitledUntitledUntitled
And the Mr. even got involved and changed our lightbulb to match the atmosphere!  Next year I hope we can string sugar skulls from our tree outside!  Oooh and add orange lights...yeah...

You MUST go check out Kristy's amazing Christmas paper pieced pattern.  Quick!  The download is free for a limited time.  And don't forget to link up while you are there!

- rebecca lynne

4 comments:

Kristy @ Quiet Play said...

Love that birdcage! Your decorating looks pretty fab!

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Am I allowed to say that the skulls look super cute?! How's the hunt for the face-paint going? ;)

Susan at TheBoredZombie.com said...

ooohhh nice! Happy Halloween!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Fab decoration! I love your raven!