Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Thought Process

Finally nailed it!
After my last stamp post I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself until I had *fixed* my feather.  Helen, one of the admins of the Stamp it Up Swap, asked if other people's opinions meant that much to me and I explained no - but my opinion sure does!  And I just couldn't stop seeing leaf after my first stamp.  So I had to try again...  Miss E still calls this improved stamp a leaf - hahaha - but this time I don't mind because I am much happier with the result!
Flying geese feather
I started messing around and wanted to pair the feather with flying geese, kind of a inside quilter's joke.
Flying geese stamp #stampitupFlying geese and feather
But once I paired the two together I was kind of leaning more towards the geese on their own!
Kitchen sink? #stampitup
There were so many options with the geese stamp that I spent all of my weekend playing around with that!  And to think, I've never even sewn a flying geese quilt in my life.
Flying geese stamp #stampitup
I hope my swap partner likes it!

- rebecca lynne

6 comments:

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

If she doesn't, you're quite welcome to send it my way - I love the feather, but those geese are absolutely brilliant!

Kristy QP said...

Love it! I think it's fab paired with the flying geese too!

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

Send it my way :) Love the colour combo!!

Di said...

Beautiful feather stamp and I like those flying geese too. Di x

Leanne said...

I love the flying geese stamp, the feather is lovely too.

Donna said...

I so love triangles and these geese are sweet! I like the overlapping colors on the darker green ones.