Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Triple Salute to AMH

triple zip front #amh
Thanks to the heads up from Erin I learned about and joined the Triple Zip Pouch Swap being hosted by Stephanie at Quarter Incher.  Having never created a triple zip pouch before I wanted to do a test run before committing to final fabrics for my partner.  It is probably no surprise to anyone who follows this blog that I chose Anna Maria Horner fabrics!  However, I will probably never choose a stripe for something like this again, getting that straight was a pain in the arse but I whooped it into shape in the end!
triple zip back detail #amh
I knew I wanted to continue something onto the back so I decided to continue the front/top zip fabric by sewing the massive selvage (seriously, for selvage standards this was pretty large) onto the back.  I love how it gives a bit of an elegant finish to the top!  

I would never have bothered to learn how to make a triple zip pouch without this swap as motivation.  I am psyched to have joined!

- rebecca lynne

8 comments:

Leanne said...

It's lovely, I have made a few of those pouches.

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

Pretty! Love the addition of the selvage. I'd better move my butt for this swap.

Lucy | Charm About You said...

ahh you are so clever!! The selvedge looks amazing and what a gorgeous pouch!!

Jess @ Elven Garden Quilts said...

Love the selvedge in there - it's a gorgeous pouch :o)

Snoodles said...

(Wiping up drool) And I salute YOU for a fabulous finish! Wow!

Mara said...

Love the selvedge addition, a great idea.

AmandaK@whatthebobbin said...

Love it! Love the selvage on the back too. Nice touch.

JillB said...

It is fantastic. Swaps have also stretched me into learning something new...