Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Farewell to Summer with...

Summersville Charm Pack

As an early birthday present a few weeks ago I received this adorable Summersville charm pack from my mother-in-law.  I immediately was inspired to make something cute even cuter!  

Cutting done

Two and a half inch square stack of Summersville adorableness.

I've created this six inch panel, sixty inches long, of fresh summer.

DSC_0082
DSC_0087DSC_0085DSC_0086

I plan on finishing the black frame and placing the strip within a solid muslin background.  Simple, basic, minimal and as fresh as a bright summer morning...

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

What is your WIP this week?  Linking up to Freshly Pieced!

- rebecca lynne

5 comments:

Carla said...

Looking forward to seeing that ; )

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Oh, great idea!!!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Cute! I heart Summersville. :) What a sweet MIL that you have! xo

Cherie said...

A neat idea! Those two flowers look like glaring eyes upside down like that!
What is muslin like to sew with ? =D

Lucy | Charm About You said...

oohh lovely!