Thursday, July 26, 2012

Project Play Nook [Thursday Think Tank]

My next project

Introducing my next project...  The play nook.  Which, let's be real, is hardly a nook so much as this corner with a built in bookcase that the girls throw their toys towards...so as to "clean up."

Then we started taking away toys.  I mean, LOTS of them.  And you know what?  They couldn't care less.  Seriously.  No difference to them.  In fact, the threat of taking away toys from them is really useless as they apparently have way more than they really need anyway.  

To top it all off I started seeing these...




Talk about clean minimalist design.  And that is when it hit me...they don't need all this nonsense everywhere.  I just need to reorganize what they already have and make it more useful to them.  Duh.  Granted, these spaces won't stay this way when used but hey, it is a start.

- rebecca lynne

Got a Think Tank for this Thursday?  Hook me up!  I'd love to hear what you are brainstorming about...




3 comments:

Lucy | Charm About You said...

ok all those spaces just make my house look like a complete dive!!! I love that you have a play nook :)

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

That play nook looks like a fun place to be!! Good luck with the grand tidy up!

Cherie said...

Wow I'm loving all the pictures! So full of colour and simple styles. I really like the branch rail that is so cool! =D