Monday, November 21, 2011

O Tannenbaum [Making Christmas November 21, 2011]

DSC_0053

The tree is done!  Yay!  It is amazing how artificial greenery with bits of glass and baubles can change the atmosphere of a room.  Even my girls just seem cheerier when the tree's lights are on.  This will be a photo heavy post...I hope you enjoy our collection as much as we do!

DSC_0051
thinking of adding some additional mercury garland for next year...to make it a bit more drapey

DSC_0057

Blown glass ornaments are hard to find these days but so worth it.  I'd love to have a complete tree with just clear glass ornaments.  Someday, when the girls are grown!

DSC_0067
Blown glass bird
DSC_0036
Blown Glass Whale
DSC_0043
Glass Ship
DSC_0028
One of my Large (4.25") Faberge Eggs.  I collect one each year.
DSC_0038
Vintage Christmas Indent
DSC_0026
more vintage indents and a glass icicle
If you like my "a little bit of everything" tree design then I highly recommend visiting The Weed Patch, The Country Porch, Etsy & eBay when you are looking to add ornaments to your collection.  They are my favorite places to find unique ornaments and you never know what you may come across...

All in all my tree is a combo of Vintage Indents, Blown Glass, and Mercury Glass ornaments.  Whatever that style is I am not sure...but it sure does glitter something gorgeous!

I really do need to focus on Thanksgiving this week...like cleaning the house for my guests?  But, the crayons for the crayon rolls I am planning on making have arrived and I'd like to work on those as well.  As one of our guests will be sleeping in my sewing room I may have to relocate Nina upstairs to do a bit of work at night?  Hahahahaa...we shall see...

Linking up to Making Christmas over at Janine's - how is your holiday prep going?

- rebecca lynne

17 comments:

Catherine said...

wow, you have some lovely christmas ornaments there

Pat Merkle said...

Pretty Christmas tree! You have a great start on the holiday season.

Typically the weekend after Thanksgiving is my decorating weekend, although my husband has put the lights on our little dwarf Alberta spruce.

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

What a great tree - I love it!

Erin @ Billy Button Design said...

The Chrissy tree looks fab, oh I'm getting all excited that Christmas is just around the corner.

Sana Saroti said...

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
Wie treu sind deine Blätter.
Du grünst nicht nur zur Sommerzeit,
Nein auch im Winter wenn es schneit.
O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
Wie grün sind deine Blätter!

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!
Wie oft hat schon zur Winterszeit
Ein Baum von dir mich hoch erfreut!
O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
Du kannst mir sehr gefallen!

O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
Dein Kleid will mich was lehren:
Die Hoffnung und Beständigkeit
Gibt Mut und Kraft zu jeder Zeit!
O Tannenbaum, O Tannenbaum,
Dein Kleid will mich was lehren.

Beautiful tree, Rebecca! And it sure wont loose any needles ;-)

Live a Colorful Life said...

The blown glass whale is gorgeous. My favorites are the vintage indents. I'm thinking of sneaking some off my parents' tree--and hope they don't notice. I have enjoyed them since I was a little girl.

Anonymous said...

Rebecca - your Christmas tree is absolutely gorgeous. I love the glass ornaments. Thank you for sharing these. Just looking at the pictures..I am in a cheery mood. :)

Katie said...

Beautiful! Do you have to keep your girls away from it? All that glass would be so tempting to touch.

I haven't even thought about decorating for Christmas. Growing up, the tree deadline was by my birthday in December and never put up before Thanksgiving. Maybe after this weekend I will think about it. ;)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Your tree is looking fabulous! And your glass ornaments are beautiful, as is your Fabergé egg. How lovely to collect one every year - like the tsars! I went to a Fabergé exhibition at the NY MET once and the eggs were breath-taking. Happy Thanks Giving!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree - it strikes the right balance between traditional and elegant.

Pam @Threading My Way said...

Looks fabulous!!!

Snoodles said...

The ornaments are incredible! Took my breath away....I gazed at your pictures for quite a while. LOL Gotta get back to work now, or my customers will be squawking!! Heehee!
Your tree is just beautiful!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

Totally gorgeous!! I adore all those ornaments - it looks SO pretty :)

Annaliese said...

Oh yay! you are all done! A+ on the shiny happy glass and vintage goodness. Now you can swing by my place and set mine up, right??

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

LOVE your tree!! Love all the sparkly glass. That little blue whale is especially speaking to me. :o) LOVE.it. Oh man, I am so behind. I am still trying to figure out which dessert I'm going to make to bring on Thursday to my bro and sis-in-law's.

Erin @ Once Upon a Donkey said...

How did I miss this post? And I call myself a stalker. Sheesh. Lovely tree, very festive. You need to save the pennies to visit the Venetian island of Murano... shop after shop of blown glass. Sooooooo awesome.

Nicky said...

Wow! That tree is dressed to the nines!